* Plant employees also donate $3,400 in toys
* Chrysler Group plants have raised money for Toys for Tots for the past 11 years
Auburn Hills, Mich., Dec 15, 2005 –
Eight Detroit-area Chrysler Group manufacturing facilities and the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund have raised $55,500 and donated $3,400 in toys for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots organization. Pat Walsh, Plant Manager — Warren Stamping, will present the donation and the gifts to the Toys for Tots organization. Toys for Tots is a nonprofit organization that collects toys for needy children during the holiday season.
The plants that participated in the annual fund-raiser are:
* Warren Stamping
* Warren Truck (Dodge Ram 1500, Dodge Dakota)
* Sterling Heights Vehicle Test Center
* Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (Dodge Stratus Sedan, Chrysler Sebring Sedan, Chrysler Sebring Convertible)
* Jefferson North Assembly Plant (Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander)
* Sterling Stamping
* Detroit Axle
* Mack Avenue
Chrysler Group first became involved with the Marine Corps Toys for Tots in 1997. Since 1999, the program has expanded to include local toy drives at Chrysler Group plants and offices across the U.S. This is the 11th year that the plants have participated in the fund-raiser.
The proceeds are a part of the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund’s “Good Neighbor Good Citizen” campaign. The Fund is the primary source of charitable grants made by Chrysler Group. The Fund annually supports hundreds of charitable organizations with an emphasis on community growth, arts, empowerment and education, throughout the United States and throughout the world.