Win a Shopping Spree and Help Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
* Just in time for the holidays “Dodge Durango It’s a Wrap” contest to be held Saturday, Dec. 10, between 10 a.m.–1 p.m. at the John Hancock Center in Chicago
* Contest to benefit Marine Toys for Tots Foundation Chicago Chapter with a $5,000 donation from DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund
* Survey reveals Americans love the packaging of a gift almost as much as what’s inside
Chicago, Ill., Dec 7, 2005 –
Most families get “wrapped up” in the craziness of the holiday season, but this year Chicagoans can take it to a whole new level. In response to Americans’ love of the perfectly wrapped package, Dodge is hosting “Dodge Durango It’s a Wrap,” an official, timed gift wrapping competition. On Saturday, Dec. 10, between 10 a.m.–1 p.m., participants will be challenged to creatively and skillfully wrap odd-shaped items such as a giant box, a Dodge Durango and even a family member.
Chicagoland families who take pride in their perfect corners and invisible tape lines will be entered to participate on a first-come, first-serve basis in the contest. The DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund will donate $50 to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation for each participating family (for a total of $5,000) and the winning family will walk away with a Dodge Durango-chauffeured $3,000 Michigan Avenue Holiday Shopping Spree.
“’The ‘Durango It’s a Wrap’ contest gives families a chance to channel their creativity and expression to create the most appealing package,” said Fred Diaz, Director – Dodge Communications. “The right packaging is something we don’t take lightly at Dodge. The Dodge Durango is the perfect package of performance, best-in-class cargo capacity, safety features and conveniences.”
According to a recent survey conducted by Dodge, 44 percent of Americans say they appreciate the effort of a nicely wrapped gift. To bring these findings to life, Chicagoland families armed with oversized wrapping paper, tape, scissors and giant bows will face the following challenges:
* Keep It a Secret: One giant item will be revealed and teams will have to wrap the item and place it back inside the Dodge Durango
* Sometimes Good Things Do Come in BIG Packages: Provided with a full-size Dodge Durango, families must create a package as grand as the prize inside
* Wrapped Up: Using enormous rolls of wrapping paper, teams must creatively package one of their own family members
* Holiday Havoc: The final wrapping challenge families will scramble to unwrap all items as judges time how quickly they can complete all of the challenges in a whirlwind of wrapping paper!
The family who clocks the fastest time and properly completes all challenges will receive a $3,000 Michigan Avenue Holiday Shopping Spree in a chauffeured Dodge Durango with the best-in-class cargo capacity to hold all of their holiday finds. Second and third place families will win $1,000 and $500 Michigan Avenue Holiday Shopping Sprees, respectively.
The survey conducted by Dodge asked how much time and attention Americans pay to the art of gift wrapping, and results show that presentation is top of mind:
* Gift Wrap Gurus: Almost half of those surveyed consider themselves skilled in the art of wrapping (44 percent)
* Traditional Is the Way to Go: More than half of Americans (51 percent) surveyed prefer receiving their “loot” in wrapping paper and bows opposed to gift bags. In fact, only 10 percent prefer gift bags
* The Personal Touch: The majority (53 percent) of those surveyed said that they prefer to wrap all their presents themselves as opposed to having someone else do the work for them (18 percent)
The DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund will donate $5,000 to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation Chicago Chapter as part of the “Dodge Durango It’s a Wrap” contest. Overall, the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund will donate more than $55,000 to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation this holiday season.
2006 Dodge Durango
The Dodge Durango offers all the power, capability and style with advances in fuel efficiency and safety customers expect from a modern SUV. With the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, the Dodge Durango is the most powerful SUV in its segment and includes Chrysler Group’s Multiple-Displacement System (MDS) for improved fuel efficiency. Dodge Durango boasts best-in-class cargo capacity, offering 68.4 cu.-ft. of cargo volume with the third-row seats folded. Other features available on the Dodge Durango are Chrysler Group’s Electronic Stability Program (ESP), roll-sensing side-curtain air bags, power rear liftgate, three passenger 60/40 split third-row seat boasts seating for three adults and remote start.